Scholarship is something all deserving students look out for. Cherishing the hard work does add laurels to one’s confidence, which in reciprocation can uplift the idea of surpassing one’s latest achievement.
In cases where the idea of expensive education and financial status doesn’t go hand in hand, scholarships come as a savior. They provide innumerable opportunities to the students to whom even the sky is not the limit.
The sole purpose of the scholarships is to lessen the gap between the privileged and not-so-privileged sections of society. The idea to bring equality among peers can take students from one height to another. Taking this very thought into consideration, we present you with some golden scholarship opportunities to brighten up your career.
Some of the Senior Secondary Scholarship opportunities are listed below:-
1. Rashtrapati Chatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship
This opportunity is brought to you by The Department of Social Justice and Special Assistance by the Government of Maharashtra to promote senior secondary education. SC students of senior secondary sections are invited to apply for Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Merit Scholarship, Maharashtra 2020-21.
Award – INR 300 per month for ten months.
- For senior secondary students
- Must be a resident of Maharashtra
- Should have secured minimum 75% or above marks in 10th standard
- Should belong to the scheduled cast
2. Government of India Post-Matric Scholarship for ST Students
This scholarship aims to provide financial assistance to the students belonging to the ST category to encourage them to participate more in senior secondary education.
- 1st Group 1 – INR 1200 per month to hostellers and INR 550 per month to day scholars.
- 2nd Group 2 – INR 820 per month to hostellers and INR 530 per month to day scholars.
- 3rd Group 3 – INR 570 per month to hostellers and INR 300 per month to day scholars.
- 4th Group 4 – INR 380 per month to hostellers and INR 230 per month to day scholars.
- Escort Allowance : ₹160/month
- Special Pay : ₹160/Month. For mentally challenged, extra coaching : ₹240 /Month
- Study Tours : ₹1600 /year
- Thesis Typing/Printing : ₹1600/year
- Book Grant : ₹1200/year
- Open to only ST students.
- Students with family income below or equal to 2,50,000 are eligible for the scholarship.
- Students with consecutive 2-year drops are not eligible to fill the forms.
3. Government Vidya Niketan Scholarship
The above-mentioned scholarship is provided based on one’s tenth standard performance by The Department of Higher Education.
Award – INR 100 for two years.
- Should have a minimum of 60% of marks in 10th standard from the state government Vidya Niketan.
- Students studying out of Maharashtra are not eligible.
4. Keep India Smiling Foundation Scholarship Program
This scholarship is a mentorship-cum-career guidance program that aims to provide financial support to students who lack resources but are worthy and deserving.
Award – INR 20,000 per annum for two years.
- Must be enrolled in Class 11 at a recognized school in India
- Must have scored at least 75% in Class 10 board exams
- Annual family income should be less than INR 5 Lakhs.
5. National Entrance Screening Test
The National Institute of Science Education and Research, Bhubaneswar, collaborates with the University of Mumbai and organizes a National entrance screening test per year.
Aspiring candidates can aim to get admission in integrated master programs in both the organizing institutions.
- Admission to 5 years integrated M.Sc program 2021-26 at NISER Bhubaneswar and UM-DAE CEBS, Mumbai.
- An annual scholarship of INR 60,000 through the DISHA program of the Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India.
- An additional grant of INR 20,000 per annum for the summer internship.
- Students must have secured at least 60% marks in their 12th standard with science stream.
- Students appearing in class 12th are also eligible.
We hope that the information can help you to achieve your dream and shape your career. For further information on any of the scholarships mentioned above, please visit the following resources: